Peace Corps Visits Ball State University

  • Masten, Kendrall
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2010

      Dear Students, Faculty, Staff, and larger Community of Ball State University

      Are you aware of the international opportunities that exist with Peace Corps?  I am a returned Peace Corps Volunteer from Zambia and a regional recruiter with the Chicago Peace Corps office.  I will be on campus Wednesday September 29, 2010 between 12:00pm – 8:00 pm and would be interested in sharing my Peace Corps experiences and future possibilities with the Peace Corps.

      The third goal of Peace Corps empowers volunteers to bring back cultural experiences from host countries and share those experiences with fellow Americans, your classroom would be the perfect opportunity for such a forum.  Please contact me, if you are interested in hosting me as a brief guest speaker in your class room.  If you are not interested but maybe know another professor that would be interested in hosting, please feel free to forward my information.

      I understand that this is a busy time, so if this day doesn’t work for you, please consider forwarding the information below to your students or anyone that you think might be interested with learning more about Peace Corps.  I appreciate your time.

      Peace Corps offers an unparalleled opportunity to put your educational skills, and experience to work in one of 77 countries around the world.  During the full 27 months of service, volunteers receive excellent training in language, cultural fluidity, and technical skills training incomparable to the current domestic job market.  Volunteers receive such benefits as free transportation, medical and dental care and monthly living allowance.  Upon completion of service volunteers often benefit from the personal, professional and educational advancements and opportunities that Peace Corps offers.

      Each Peace Corps Volunteer touches the lives of many through the selfless act of volunteering. Communities around the world eagerly await your arrival. Be part of the legacy that promotes peace and friendship through public service. Submit your application by Friday, September 17, 2010 to receive consideration for 2011 Peace Corps assignments best matching your qualifications.  This is an exciting time for Peace Corps as the 50th Anniversary of the agency approaches and we hope  that Ball State University and Peace Corps can continue to foster strong relationships now and into the future.

      Join us:

      September 29

      Worthen Arena 12pm-4pm

      Student Center Rm 305 6pm-8pm

      Thank you so much for your time.  I look forward to hearing from you.

      Sincerely,

      Kendrall Masten

      Kendrall Masten - Regional Recruiter, RPCV Zambia

      Peace Corps, Chicago Regional Office

      55 West Monroe Street, Suite 450, Chicago, IL 60603

      312.353.7747 (direct) | 312.353.4192 (fax) | 800-424-8580, option #1

      EMAIL: kmasten@...

      Thousands of new volunteer positions are available, and communities around the world await your arrival.

      Have you submitted your application yet? Apply now.

      PC Facebook - PC Twitter - PC RSS - PC YouTube