Adopting child from ukraine. travel and culture tips needed

  • espinli
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2010
      Hi all,

      My coworker in Lafayette is adopting a little boy from the Ukraine.

      Her and her husband will be flying into Kiev and staying in Kiev in an apartment for about one month. They will have an adoption liason and travel guide to help them.

      But who better to give advice than a RPCV who has lived in the Ukraine :) Travel and culture tips are very welcome.

      Please send me your tips and advice for traveling/living in the Ukraine and I will pass it on to my coworker.

      What to pack?
      How to be safe?
      How to grocery shop
      gifts/ items to buy for the child to give to him as he grows up to remind him of his culture

      Also, advice for when the child arrives is very welcome.
      What kinds of things will make the child feel welcome etc...
      things to buy in Ukraine for the child

      Thank you in advance for your advice
      Laura
      RPCV 2006-2008