Fw: Job announcement from Encore!
Building local capacity, around the world Dear Encore! Member,
Our website info has been updated, and we have a FAQs page, thanks to Encore! member Hunter Ellinger! Go to www.encoreservicecorps.org to check out the changes, including the names of our newly-elected Executive Board of Directors under the "WHO WE ARE" tab.
Please take a moment to look at the wonderful expense-paid volunteer opportunity below, and if you are not interested in applying yourself, please pass it on!
SusanFundraising Professional Needed
All Expense Paid Volunteer Opportunity
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (the Foundation - http://pedaids.org) is a worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS, working to halt the pandemic and help those already infected with HIV. Before the Foundation's inception, children affected by HIV and AIDS had no voice - and few medicines and interventions were available specifically for them. Thanks to the courageous efforts of Elizabeth Glaser and those who follow in her footsteps, the Foundation improves life for millions of children and families affected by AIDS each year by funding groundbreaking scientific research, providing lifesaving services, and advocating for children around the globe. The Foundation is currently providing support to more than 3,200 sites, in 18 countries worldwide.
THE FOUNDATION'S WORK IN INDIA: Over 2.4 million people are currently living with HIV in India, including an estimated 880,000 women and 94,000 children. Since 2002, the Foundation has supported the largest private-sector prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) project in India, second only to the government program in size. The Foundation operates within a consortium, led by Solidarity and Action Against the HIV Infection in India (SAATHII - http://www.saathii.org/), that is comprised of seven NGOs and one university. The consortium has developed state-of-the-art PMTCT packages of services and provides support at 127 sites in 4 southern states, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu. The consortium also has limited activities in Manipur where the epidemic is largely driven by injection drug users. The position will be based out of the SAATHII office in Hyderabad and will include travel in India.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: Fundraising and Corporate Partnership Liaison, assisting Foundation partner SAATHII with efforts surrounding resource mobilization and capacity building.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Experience and demonstrated success in major gifts and/orcorporate fundraising.
· Extensive knowledge of fundraising and/or marketing principles and techniques in large organizations.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong interpersonal, negotiation and liaison skills.
· Experience in public health, healthcare, NGOs and an understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues preferred.
· Experience working in India preferred.
· Willingness to travel within India required.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to:
· Build a portfolio of corporate prospects in order to help expand and diversify funding sources for our work in India
· Coordinate with Consortium Director to implement a fundraising/ communication strategy for potential donors and create dynamic presentation packages for new prospects.
· Assist Director in holding discussions with potential donors.
· Create customized proposals to meet both donor intention and organizational needs
TIMEFRAME: This is a full-time, six-month position, starting in June/July 2009.
COSTS: Airfare, emergency medical evacuation insurance, and a stipend for meals and laundry will be provided by Encore! The Foundation will cover all housing and local transportation costs. The volunteer will need to cover the cost of their own health insurance, passport, visa, vaccinations and other personal expenses.
If you are interested, DO NOT APPLY TO THE FOUNDATION! Please submit your resume, when and how long you are available, and a statement of interest, to susan@... by May 15, 2009. Please write SAATHII-INDIA, your first initial and last name in the subject line. If you are not interested, please pass this announcement on to other RPCVs/PC staff or professionals with similar overseas experience.
To be considered for an Encore! Volunteer assignment, you must have an up-to-date profile in our database. To join, just go to http://www.encoreservicecorps.org/join.cfm.
Building local capacity, around the world