Spread the word ~ Volunteers Needed leading up to Lilly Day of Service!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2008
      Dear Peace Corps Community,

      Keep Indianapolis Beautiful is gearing up for the first-ever Lilly Day of Service on May 15th, where 8,000 Lilly staff will be completing over 50 community projects in one day!  Over 2,000 trees will be planted, 20 schools beautified, 14 medians beautified, and almost a mile-long paint by number mural  will be created   This is the first year of a three-year commitment, which will aesthetically transform the landscape of the city!

      To help us get ready for May 15th, we need tons of people to help the week leading up to the project !  Monday, May 11th - Wednesday, May 14th we need  HUNDREDS of volunteers to pitch in!  Please spread the word!

      Take a look at the below project descriptions and e-mail me at sgrain@...  if you have any ideas or leads!  To read more about Lilly day of Service, please visit http://www.kibi.org/programs/special_events/ldos/index.htm

      Thank you for all that you do for KIB and communities in Indianapolis working to make their areas brighter and more environmentally viable!

      Warmly,
      Sarah

      Unloading Perennials for Lilly Day of Service!

      Monday, May 12th and Tuesday, May 13th

      9:00 am – 12:00 pm

      1:00 pm – 4:00 pm OR

      4:00 pm – 7:00 pm

      Volunteers still needed:  20 for each shift

      Help us do prep for Lilly Day of Service, unloading perennials on May 12th and/or May 13th. Six shifts available total, up to 20 volunteers for each shift! Volunteers will help unload perennials from delivery trucks, sort, group, and reload them onto smaller trucks to be taken to each planting site. These are all small plants and easy to carry. Everything is labeled, so no plant identification skills are required.  Help make this awesome day a success!

      Unloading Trees for Lilly Day of Service!

      Monday, May 12th, Tuesday, May 13th and Wednesday, May 14th

      9:00 am - 12:00 pm each day

      Volunteers still needed:  20 for each shift

      Help us unload trees at different sites around the city for Lilly Day of Service!  Any help you can give is appreciated.  We will be planting over 2,000 trees on the actual day of the project, and need a lot of assistance beforehand!

      Sarah Grain
      Director of Community Outreach and Volunteers
      Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
      445 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 910
      Indianapolis, Indiana, 46204
      317.264.7555 x106 (office)