Bowling for Rhinos

  • Stephanie Schuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 10:49 AM
      Hello everyone!

      Are you worried about what you are going to be doing on April 26th?  Need to get out more?  Need to have more bowling and pizza in your life?  Need to do something to feel good about yourself?  Well I have just the thing for you!!!  On Saturday, April 26th AAZK (the American Association of Zookeepers, of which I am a member) is holding their annual Bowling for Rhinos fundraiser.  I have attached the application with all the details, and if you can't access it please let me know.

      Here are the basics:  Every year we have a fundraiser for rhinoceros conservation and research.  100% of all donations go directly to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy (LWC) in Kenya, Ujung Kulon National Park in Java, Indonesia and Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park (BBSNP) in Sumatra, Indonesia.  It is $15 per bowler, and that includes 3 games, shoe rental and pizza & drinks.  There will also be a silent auction table that you will be able to bid on donated items if you would like - that money will go to AAZK for future projects (if you would like to know about these projects please let me know).  You may also have people sponsor you, and if you get $30 in sponsors you get a t-shirt!!  Sponsors are not necessary, however.  It is located at All-Star Bowl on the southeast side, all the info is on the attachment.

      If you plan on going, or are interested but need more info, please let me know.  It will be lots of fun!  And come on, where are you going to be able to bowl three games and get dinner for $15 nowadays anyway?!

      Thanks and hope all is well with everyone,

      Steph
      (317) 903-9307

      "In the end, we will conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will understand what we are taught."
                                                                                           -Baba Dioum, Senegalese conservationist