recruit event & volunteer opportunity

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      Hey folks,

      Last Monday, Cliff, Peace Corps Chicago Recruiter, hosted an event at
      the Rathskeller. There were at least 8 RPCV's and three nominees.
      Thanks to all who came, and we hope the nominees gained helpful
      information. Thanks to the RPCV's that joined in for their first
      interaction with CIRPCA.

      VOLUNTEER
      Please let me know (include phone contacts) by the end of the day and
      sooner if possible if you can volunteer (and not drop out)for this one
      time 3 hour shift during Black Expo. Unfortunately, I'm not able to
      volunteer this day because I have a meeting the whole day! After
      responding you would be notified as to where you would be working.

      A free shuttle will take seniors to and from the Black Expo Health
      Fair on its opening night, Thursday, July 19.
      NEEDED: two volunteers at each of the five churches that will serve as
      pick-up and drop-off points.
      TIME: The volunteers should be at the churches from 3-6pm while the
      shuttle is running its pick-up route. Volunteer responsibilities will
      be to (1) pass out tickets and bags to passengers and (2) to make sure
      things are running as smoothly as possible.

      Cheers, Debbie
    • John & Katy Gyurek
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
        Slide projector We have a slide projector with two cases available for anyone who is interested.  It is a Bell and Howell, with a wired remote and has the rectangular cases.    Free.  I didn’t check it thoroughly, but did turn it on the slides advanced and the fan operates.   First come first served.

        Contact me at:    gyurek@...

        Peace,
        Katy Gyurek