Crisis Response Training Opportunity

  • Rev. Rodney L. Craggs, M.Div.
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 5:53 AM
      Greetings,

      I am a member of I-CART (Indiana Crisis Assistance Response Team).

      There will be a Basic Training for Crisis responders coming up this
      fall and I wanted to let everyone know of this opportunity.

      Basic Training – September 20, 21 and 22, 2007
      I-CART is offering NOVA's Basic Crisis Response Training (CRT)
      September 20, 21 and 22, 2007 at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
      Applications will be available on the website and in a mailing in
      the near future. Please encourage those you work with to get their
      application in early. If you know of individuals or organizations
      interested in more information please send contact information to
      gerrygriffith@....

      I know some on our group have express interest so I wanted to give
      you this info to check out.

      Here is a little about what I-CART is from their website www.i-
      cart.org.

      Unexpected traumatic events can overwhelm a person and a community
      physically, emotionally and spiritually. I-CART is a mental health
      crisis response team that assists victims and survivors at the scene
      of a traumatic event or at a designated site immediately following
      the event. I-CART follows the National Organization for Victim
      Assistance (NOVA) crisis response model and protocol.

      All I-CART response team members have successfully completed the
      NOVA 40-hour basic training in community crisis response. All
      response team members are volunteers and include mental health
      professionals, nurses and individuals associated with law
      enforcement, fire departments, victim assistance, the faith-based
      community, emergency management and hospitals.

      I-CART is included in the comprehensive emergency management plan
      for Marion County. The services and expertise provided by I-CART
      are designed to be a supplemental resource to:

      · Law enforcement agencies
      · Fire departments
      · Victim assistance
      · Chaplains
      · American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis
      · Emergency Management
      · Other responses established in Indiana

      Peace,
      Rev. Rodney L. Craggs
      RPCV/Liberia 87-89