Habitat

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2007
      See the opportunities below!

      APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS!

      WHEN: NEXT THURSDAY! MAY 10TH 7:30 AM

      WHERE: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY JOB SITES - TBA

      Want to get your hands dirty? Come on out to our Habitat home sites
      and help us LANDSCAPE! We will be laying sod and planting bushes and
      spring flowers for our newest Habitat homeowners!

      HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS AT OUR HABITAT HOMESTORE!

      WHEN: MONDAY – SATURDAY THROUGHOUT 2007 (AVAILABLE 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM)

      WE CAN PARTICULARILY USE YOUR HELP IN OUR HOMESTORE NEXT WEEK AND THE
      FOLLOWING WEEK!

      ***MAY 7 – MAY 19***

      WHERE: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMESTORE, 1011 E. 22ND STREET ,
      INDIANAPOLIS , IN 46202

      Our HomeStore is being updated, renovated and organized weekly. We
      would love to have your help in the store! All of the funds raised
      help us build more homes in Indy!

      BE THE FACE & VOICE OF HABITAT!

      WHEN: MONDAY – FRIDAY THROUGHOUT 2007 (AVAILABLE 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)

      WHERE: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMESTORE, 1011 E. 22ND STREET ,
      INDIANAPOLIS , IN 46202

      Habitat is always in need of a great volunteer to staff our front
      desk! You will greet our friends as they come to visit the office and
      answer the phone as needed!

      FREE COMPUTERS FOR OUR HABITAT FAMILIES!

      WHEN: THROUGHOUT 2007 - DATES TBA

      WHERE: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OFFICE, 1011 E. 22ND STREET , INDIANAPOLIS
      , IN 46202

      We are so excited! Through a partnership with AT&T, Access All and One
      Economy, we are able to provide FREE computers to our Habitat partner
      families! All we need now is your help installing them! You can help
      supervise the computer installation and help the families learn very
      basic computer skills!

      WHAT'S YOUR HANDLE?

      WHEN: EVERY MONDAY, WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY

      WHERE: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMESTORE, 1011 E. 22ND STREET ,
      INDIANAPOLIS , IN 46202

      C o me help o ut o n o u r Habitat b o x t r uck! We're in need of
      drivers for our van/box truck to help bring in valuable donations to
      our HomeStore! All of the funds raised help us build more homes in Indy!

      CHA-CHING

      WHEN: EVERY MONDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY

      WHERE: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMESTORE, 1011 E. 22ND STREET ,
      INDIANAPOLIS , IN 46202

      C o me help o ut o u r Habitat H o meSt o r e as a cashie r ! This is
      an imp o r tant p o siti o n f o r us t o fill each day o u r st o r e
      is o pen!

      ONGOING FUN AT HABITAT

      THERE IS ALWAYS ACTIVITY IN THE AIR AT HABITAT!HERE ARE A FEW
      OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE!

      1. WELCOME VOLUNTEERS AT THE BUILD SITE!

      As s o o n as the sun is shining again, Habitat hamme r s will be
      swinging! F o r eve r y 6-week build, we have 14 v o luntee r days and
      we c o uld use s o me help welc o ming o u r v o luntee r s and
      getting them signed in o n each o f these v o luntee r s days! We w o
      uld l o ve t o have y o u, o r a g r o up o f y o u and y o u r f r
      iends/c o -w o r ke r s, c o me o ut at the beginning o f o u r v o
      luntee r shifts t o help us o ut!

      2. BE A FAMILY MENTOR!

      We have w o nde r ful pa r tne r families he r e at Habitat wh o c o
      uld t r uly benefit f r o m a ment o r t o help them as they walk th r
      o ugh thei r j o u r ney with Habitat! (Spanish speake r s welc o me!
      This is helpful, but n o t a r equi r ement!)

      3. HELP OUT IN THE OFFICE AS A DONATION COORDINATOR!

      Help us chat with the o r ganizati o ns and families wh o want t o d o
      nate new items t o o u r H o meSt o r e! Shifts available any day o f
      the week.

      4. COME ORGANIZE OUR WAREHOUSE!

      Ou r H o meSt o r e is being updated, r en o vated and o r ganized
      weekly. We w o uld l o ve t o have s o me o ne c o me in t o help o ut
      with gene r al tasks in the st o r e! Shifts available M o nday th r o
      ugh Satu r day!

      5. WORK ALONG SIDE THE CONSTRUCTION STAFF AS A CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT!

      Want t o lea r n ab o ut the c o nst r ucti o n indust r y? We w o uld
      l o ve t o give y o u hands o n expe r ience w o r king o ne- o n- o
      ne with o u r C o nst r ucti o n Supe r intendent o ut o n the j o b
      site and he r e at o u r o ffice! We' r e l o o king f o r help
      any/eve r y day o f the week. *S o me c o nst r ucti o n expe r ience
      helpful.

      6. HELP ON PROJECTS AND FUNDRAISERS IN OUR OFFICE!

      We always have office work such as preparing sponsorship packets,
      computer work and helping to send our mailers!

      Wrapped up in your desire to help is the potential for you to be
      blessed, along with Habitat and the families you serve.

      If you have already had the opportunity to come out and work with us,
      THANK YOU so much…. We would love to have you again!

      If you've never experienced Habitat, we'd love to show you the ropes!

      I'm here to help make that happen in any way that I can…

      If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, or if you
      would like to talk about further possibilities,please feel free to
      call or email anytime!

      Thanks s o much and have a w o nde r ful day!

      Beth Butcher

      Volunteer Coordinator

      Habitat for Humanity of Greater Indianapolis

      1011 E. 22nd Street

      Indianapolis, IN 46202

      bbutcher@...

      921.2121 x101