Passing of fellow RPCV

  • John & Katy Gyurek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2007
      Passing of fellow RPCV On 1/12/07 3:04 PM, "John & Katy Gyurek" <gyurek@...> wrote:

      Dear Indiana RPCV’s,

      With sadness today, I recognized a name in the obituary section of the Indianapolis Star.

      RPCV Kenneth Miller passed away a day or two ago.  Ken was an ag volunteer in India in the early days of Peace Corps.  I believe he was also a founding member of the initial Indiana Peace Corps Volunteer group and served as officer in various capacities over the years.

      Services will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, January 13 at First United Methodist Church, 900 Indianapolis Road, Mooresville, IN  Calling is from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm Friday (tonight).

      More information may be found at:

      Www.indystar.com

      Online condolences may be sent via:

      Www.carlisleandson.com

      I met him many years ago when I first moved to Indianapolis and contacted the Indiana Returned Peace Corps group that he was instrumental in coordinating.  I remember him with a delightful sense of humor and a moral commitment to making the world a better place.   I have not seen him in some time, but I am sure  he has continued to make people laugh and to make the world somehow improve by his presence. At the time, I was a newly returned volunteer having served in the Philippines and the RPCV group was a great help to me in my readjustment to living in the U.S. and in directing creative energies for activities that included community service, assisting with the third goal of Peace Corps (bringing the world back home) and social activities.  Ken was one of our wizened sages, connecting people to people, jobs, and resources.

      Peace,
      Katy Gyurek