Peace Corps Spring Recruitment at Ball State

  • Diatta, Jamie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007

      Dear Ball State Area RPCVs:

      Happy 2007!  Best wishes in the New Year from the Chicago Peace Corps Office.  I am preparing for Peace Corps’ 2007 spring recruiting at Ball State University.  As in the past, I feel it is important to keep the BSU RPCV community informed and involved in what our office is planning.  You have all played a vital role in making Ball State University one of the best recruiting campuses in the Midwest.  Thank You!

      Here is what is new and upcoming from our office:

      New Recruiter to Visit the BSU Campus:

      Please welcome recruiter Hazel Domangue to the Ball State campus this spring.  Hazel will be visiting on my behalf because I will be on maternity leave.  My husband and I are expecting a son in mid-February.  Hazel is a RPCV who served in Lesotho from 2003-2005.  Some of you were able to meet Hazel this past fall when she traveled with me to Ball State.  You are all welcome to contact Hazel with any needs or questions at hdomangue@...

      Volunteers Needed on January 23rd:

      On Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007 Peace Corps will have a table set up at the Natural Resources & Environmental Management Internship.  The event is from noon-4pm at the BSU Alumni Center.  Unfortunately, no recruiter from our office is available to travel to Ball State for this event.  We are looking for one or more volunteers who might be able to stand at the table for 1-2 hour shifts and talk to interested students about the Peace Corps. Please e-mail me at jdiatta@... if you can staff this table for any segment of time.  There is a free luncheon from 11am-noon for all volunteers.

      Mark Your Calendars- Peace Corps Reception on February 27th:

      Each spring semester our office hosts a Peace Corps Reception to bring together Ball State students who have applied for Peace Corps, families of BSU alumni currently serving overseas, and RPCVs.  Please mark your calendars for this event.  Applicants love to hear the inside scoop on Peace Corps from you!  Invitations will be mailed out in early February.  The reception will be from 6-8pm in the Center for International Programs.

      Guest Speaker Needed on February 28th:

      Hazel will be hosting a Peace Corps information meeting for Ball State students on Wednesday, February 28th.  Recent meetings have drawn large crowds of 75-100 students!  Hazel would like to have 1-2 RPCVs come to the beginning of the meeting to talk to students from approximately 10 minutes about their experiences in the Peace Corps.  If you are interested in being a guest speaker, please email either Hazel me.

      Hazel will be recruiting on campus February 27thMarch 1st, 2007.  Here is a link describing all of her recruiting events: http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=meet.regrec.event&eventid=76814&city=chicago  Please feel free to share this schedule with any of your students who would like to learn more about the Peace Corps.

      If you know of other RPCVs (faculty, staff or students) in the Muncie area, please forward this e-mail to them and encourage them to contact me so I can add them to this list.

      If you prefer not to receive e-mails from me, please let me know and I will remove your name from this list.

      Sincerely,

      Jamie Diatta

      RPCV Senegal 1999-2001

      Chicago Regional Peace Corps Office

      Tel:  800.424.8580

      Direct:  312.353.1126

      "The world is a book.  Those who do not travel have read only one page."