Spring & Summer Jobs in Service-Learning

  • Civic Education Project
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      Spring & Summer Jobs in Service-Learning
      We thought this posting might be of interest to returned Peace Corps volunteers, Peace Corps staff, and others in your network.  Please take a moment to send this announcement on to any groups or individuals you think might be interested.

      Thanks for your help!

      Katrina Weimholt
      Asst Program Director,
      Civic Education Project

      -----

      Spring & Summer Job Opportunities
      Facilitating Service-Learning Programs for Young People

      Spend a week (or a month or two) this spring or summer helping young people discover how to make a difference in the world!  The Civic Education Project (CEP), a leadership and citizenship program at Northwestern University, is NOW HIRING exceptional staff for our Spring & Summer 2007 service-learning programs.  Learn more.

      Spring & Summer Programs
      CEP offers weeklong field study programs for 9th-12th graders during the academic year, and intensive, three-week service-learning courses for 7th-12th graders during the summer.  CEP programs explore complex social issues through academic study, meaningful service work, and meetings with community leaders, and help teach young people how to apply their skills and abilities to pressing social issues in their own communities.  This year, CEP will offer programs in Chicago, Baltimore, Washington DC, New York, and San Francisco, covering a wide variety of topics, including urban poverty, education, homelessness, public health, politics, leadership, and social change.  Learn more.

      Job Opportunities
      We are looking for outstanding teachers from public and private schools and universities, service-learning practitioners, other education, youth development and nonprofit professionals, and graduate and undergraduate students.  Instructional, residential, and administrative positions are available, ranging from one-week to seven-week sessions in the spring or summer.  Staff generally receive a cash stipend, room and board, and training in service-learning and experiential education.  However, the biggest payoff comes from the opportunity to work with bright, motivated students, build community with passionate, dynamic colleagues, and gain valuable experience educating young people about civic engagement and social responsibility.  Learn more.

      How To Apply
      To learn more about CEP programs and staff positions or to apply online,

      Staff applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning January 8, 2007, for our spring programs, and February 1, 2007 for our summer programs, so if you're interested, be sure to apply right away!

      You can be part of creating "eye-opening", "mind-blowing", "life-changing" experiences for young student leaders.

      --

      Katrina Weimholt
      Assistant Program Director
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2008

        We thought this posting might be of interest to returned Peace Corps volunteers as well as staff and other contacts.

        Below, you will find a very brief posting for local chapter newsletters or bulletins, as well as a more detailed announcement for mailing lists or listservs.  Please take a moment to send this announcement on to any groups or individuals you think might be interested.

        Thanks for your help!

        -----

        Newsletter Posting:

        Service-Learning Facilitators for Spring & Summer Programs
        Spend a week (or a month or two) this spring or summer helping young people discover how to make a difference in the world! The Civic Education Project, a leadership and citizenship program at Northwestern University, is now hiring exceptional staff for our spring and summer service-learning programs. Instructional, residential, and administrative positions are available, ranging from one-week to eight-week sessions in the spring or summer, at sites in Chicago, Baltimore, Washington DC, New Orleans, New York, and San Francisco.
        To learn more or to apply, visit: http://ctd.northwestern.edu/cep/jobs

        -----

        Email Announcement: Spring & Summer Jobs in Service-Learning

        Change the World. Start Here.
        Spring & Summer Job Opportunities
        Facilitating Service-Learning Programs for Young People

        Spend a week (or a month or two) this spring or summer helping young people discover how to make a difference in the world!  The Civic Education Project (CEP), a leadership and citizenship program at Northwestern University, is NOW HIRING exceptional staff for our Spring & Summer 2008 service-learning programs.  Learn more.

        Spring & Summer Programs
        CEP offers weeklong field study programs for 9th-12th graders during the academic year, and intensive, three-week service-learning courses for 7th-12th graders during the summer.  CEP programs explore complex social issues through academic study, meaningful service work, and meetings with community leaders, and help teach young people how to apply their skills and abilities to pressing social issues in their own communities.  This year, CEP will offer programs in Chicago, Baltimore, Washington DC, New Orleans, New York, and San Francisco, covering a wide variety of topics, including poverty, homelessness, education, public health, law, politics, leadership, and social change.  Learn more.

        Job Opportunities
        We are looking for outstanding teachers from public and private schools and universities, service-learning practitioners, other education, youth development and nonprofit professionals, and graduate and undergraduate students.  Instructional, residential, and administrative positions are available, ranging from one-week to eight-week sessions in the spring or summer.  Staff generally receive a cash stipend, room and board, and training in service-learning and experiential education.  However, the biggest payoff comes from the opportunity to work with bright, motivated students, build community with passionate, dynamic colleagues, and gain valuable experience educating young people about civic engagement and social responsibility.  Learn more.

        How To Apply
        To learn more about CEP programs and staff positions or to apply online, visit our website at: http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/cep/jobs

        Apply Now!  Spring staff consideration has just begun, and summer staff consideration begins February 15, 2008.  Applications are accepted at any time, but are reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received, so candidates are encouraged to apply early to ensure full consideration.