Exchange student possibilities

  • Jill Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006

      Dear RPCV Group,

      My name is Jill Jones and I am a RPCV from Moldova. I served as a TEFL volunteer from 2004-2006. I returned stateside about 5 weeks ago and I'm currently trying to readjust to life as I once knew it. I'm sure you know all too well how challenging it can be.

      Fortunately, I did find a job in a field of interest to me. I am working for International Cultural Exchange Services (ICES), a nonprofit organization that places international exchange students in American homes and communities. Students are high school age, from countries in Europe, South America and Asia. They typically stay in America for an Academic Year (ten months) or an Academic Semester (five months).

      My position with the organization is as a Field Manager, serving as a liaison between ICES Local Area Representatives and the ICES National Office. I am currently seeking interested, qualified individuals to serve as Local Area Representatives in the state of Indiana. Area Representatives contact local schools to determine if there is an interest in receiving an exchange student, locate host families for the students, provide guidance and assistance with the actual placement of the child, and supervise and support both the students and the host families throughout the duration of the placement. This is not a full time job, but serves only as an income supplement. Therefore, a person working full time could easily serve as an Area Representative without interfering with their regular job.

      Seeing as we all know the importance of a valuable, caring host family and that we've all benefited from the kindness of a host country national somewhere, I am hopeful that you will be interested in assisting. If you would like to receive more information about this position or the organization, please respond via email or contact me toll free at 888-793-6283. We are always seeking potential host families, so contact me with such an interest as well. Feel free to forward this on to anyone else who might be interested.

      Thank you for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

      All the best,

      Jill Jones

      RPCV Moldova 04-06

      Mobile: 304-767-4834