Medical Deferment

  • misskw1981
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2006
      Hi Guys,

      I applied to the Peace Corps last March, and everything was going
      smoothly until I recently found out that I have been medically
      deferred, until I have a small medical procedure done. The Peace
      Corps stated that I then would not be eligible for service for at
      least 4 months after that. I am very concerned that I will not be
      able to serve at all, and am not quite sure how serious a medical
      deferment is. Has anyone else had an experience like this before?

      On a side note, I really enjoy the message boards - they have a wealth
      of information - thanks!