Sign Up to Build with Habitat For Humanity

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2004
      On Thursday September 9th CIRPCA has 20 spots reserved to assist
      with construction. Tasks for Sept. 9th are as follows: square and
      blue board wall panels, set tub, set wall panels, plumb and brace
      walls, install double top plates, install porch beams,lay posts, and
      lay out trusses. You do not have to have experience as there will be
      staff on site to guide us through the tasks.

      There are two shifts and each shift can have 10 people.
      First shift is from 7:00-11:30 a.m. (7:15 - 7:30
      registration/devotion, 8-11:30-build, 11:30- 12:30-lunch)
      Second shift is from 12:30 - 4:30 (11:30-12:30 - lunch, 12:30 - 4:30
      build)
      Lunch is provided. If you have a special dietary need, please bring
      your own lunch.

      I realize this is a weekday, but the weekend shifts were already
      reserved. I anticipate that we will still be able to fill the spots.
      Please e-mail me with your interest, and I will sign you up for the
      shift (a.m. or p.m.) that you prefer. For those who are not on the
      list, I will sign them up at the Aug. 19th gathering. Build Site
      Volunteer Guidelines are under the "Files" section of this list. As
      well as, a Volunteer Application, which needs to be filled out and
      given to me on Aug. 19th to assist in getting this information to
      HFH before the build date. Copies of Build Site Guidelines and
      Volunteer Application will be made available at the Aug. 19th
      gathering as well as information on the location of the build. If
      you will not be able to attend on Aug. 19th then you can get the
      information by e-mailing me.

      Join other RPCV's in this day of hard work and fun in order to give
      back to the local community.

      For more information about Habitat for Humanity Indianapolis go to:
      http://www.indyhabitat.org

      Any questions or comments, please e-mail me at ombili9@...

      Thanks, Debbie Anderson
      Namibia, 00-02