Re: [CIRPCA] Digest Number 100

  • MICHELLE
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2006
      Hola!
      I'm at the end of CBT and swearing in on May 5th, but I'm having a hard time right now adjusting to the discipline system my host family uses on their kids.  There is yelling and hitting and ALOT of using the correa (belt)!  (Kids are 4, 5, 5, 13, and an 18 yr old with special needs)
      Any tips from past voluteers on this topic?  I've told my host mom that I'm uncomfortable about adults hitting kids and she told that it was ok since the kids she watched are "bad" kids.  Yikes!  I'm doing a charla next week on Disciplina Positiva and I've been modeling "time out" with the 4 year old, but his problem is hitting...and he gets hit everyday for hitting... sigh... wonder what kind of response our presentation will get?
      Dumbfounded in the DR,
      Michelle :)

      On 9 Apr 2006 07:43:51 -0000, CIRPCA@yahoogroups.com <CIRPCA@yahoogroups.com
      > wrote:
      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

        1.  Jordan
              From: "Debbie Anderson" ombili9@...
        2.  Dinner/Meeting
              From: "Debbie Anderson" ombili9@...

      Message 1
         From: "Debbie Anderson" ombili9@...
         Date: Sat Apr 8, 2006 6:10am(PDT)
      Subject: Jordan

      I've been told that if I'm interested and comfortable with the
      country, I'll be invited to Jordan.  I know very little about what's
      going on over there right now - politically, economically,
      religiously, etc.  I was hoping that someone would have some insight
      for me and possibly know someone currently serving in or recently
      returned from Jordan whom I could contact.

      Thanks and have a great weekend,
      Bree Danner
      bree_danner@...

      Message 2
         From: "Debbie Anderson" ombili9@...
         Date: Sat Apr 8, 2006 10:48am(PDT)
      Subject: Dinner/Meeting

      Dinner - 6:30, Wednesday, April 19

      El Morocco located at the 'United Nations' corner of 86th and Ditch.
      1260 W. 86th St., Indianapolis, IN 46260
      http://www.elmoroccorestaurant.com/index.html
      <http://www.elmoroccorestaurant.com/index.html>

      $20/person for a 4 course meal INCLUDING tax and tip. Drinks are extra.

      Please RSVP to Natalie Farrior   natalie.farrior@...
      <mailto:natalie.farrior@...> , 317-413-1595     OR     Norman at
      nyeh@... <mailto:nyeh@...>

      CIRPCA T-shirts will be available for sale.  Updates on local PCV's
      currently overseas and one Crisis Corps Volunteer.
      Hope to see everyone there!

      Norman

      NOTE:  This information will NOT be mailed out by postcard. Please
      forward this to any local RPCV'S or potential PCV's that you know are
      not on our webgroup.

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/