Volunteer opportunity

  • richs85@YAHOO.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2004
      CIRPCV (Central Indiana Returned Peace Corps Volunteers)
      Dear friends:

      Since the newly formed group of CIRPCVs met at the African Palace
      and
      again in June, we have what may be our first volunteer opportunity!

      The Indiana Literacy Foundation is a state-wide organization that
      provides support to volunteer literacy programs. It is estimated
      that
      700,000 adults in Indiana may have reading difficulties.

      The Indiana Literacy Foundation has an annual "Book Bonanza" at the
      Indiana State Fair to distribute books and accept donations for the
      literacy effort. This year the Fair is being held from August 11th
      through the 22nd.

      The "Book Bonanza" is held in a tent in front of the old Hooks Drug
      Store at the Fair. They need volunteers for the tent in 3 hour
      shifts.
      The shifts that are open are 4:00 to 7:00 PM and 7:00 to 10:00 PM.

      Groups of 3 or 4 friends may volunteer together to be in the tent,
      bag
      and distribute books and take donations during the 3 hour shifts.
      The
      "Book Bonanza" tent will be open all of the days of the Fair.

      The Indiana Literacy Foundation is a non-profit and cannot pay your
      entry fee at the Fair but as a token of our gratitude Dave Siemantel
      (RPCV – Swaziland) and Patti Siemantel will furnish a cookout party
      at
      their house for all of the CIRPCVs that have volunteered for tent
      duty.
      The cookout party will be scheduled sometime after the Fair.

      They need your help! For more information contact Patti Siemantel
      317-639-6106 X211 (work) or 317-831-3160 (home).