Placement Curveball & the Caribbean!

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2005
      Hello!

      A big thanks to those that answered my placement questions earlier
      this month. I psyched myself up to serve in an HIV/AIDS NGO program
      in Africa when a different placement person called and invited me to
      the Dominican Republic doing "innovations in basic and special
      education." It leaves in February! (I guess "Absolutely NO, you
      cannot leave in February" is a soft 'no' afterall!!)

      So much for the French lessons and my compiled materials on Africa!
      Now I'm scrambling to refresh my Spanish and special education
      resources. Ahhh, patience and flexibility, patience &
      flexibility...

      Can anyone offer comment on life in the Caribbean? Special
      education? A quick immersion in Spanish in the next few weeks around
      Indy?

      Thanks!
      Michelle Sutton
      msutton4peace@...