August Gathering

  • richs85@YAHOO.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2004
      Hey everyone,
      I checked out the Island Delight restaurant today and was pleased.
      Best Jerk Chicken I have had since I left Jamaica!
      I set up everything and they are expecting us at 6:30 August 19th.
      They are going to set up a buffet with a variety of Jamaican dishes.
      I had the buffet for lunch today and enjoyed it very much. I had
      jerk chicken, curry goat and fried plantains, rice and peas. All
      very good. They also had stewed chicken, salad, vegetables and more.
      Oh, I had bread pudding for desert. Yum. The dinner will cost $12
      which will include drinks. They don't have alcohol, so if you want a
      Red Stripe you must carrycomebring your own (and one for me).
      I sent the info about the gathering to Gregory Renda in the PC
      recruiting office in Chicago and he will send out the invitiation
      postcards.
      I am asking everyone to RSVP to me at richs85@... or by phone
      at 765-571-0102.
      If you know any potential Peace Corps volunteer recruits feel free
      to invite them. There will be plenty of room in the restaurant.