Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, "A Day on Not a Day Off"

  • sansboisdebbo
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2005
      Hello all,
      I am an RPCV, (Mali 1998-2001) and I recently moved to Bloomington.
      I am serving this year as an AmeriCorps*VISTA Leader near
      Bloomington with the Area 10 Agency on Aging. We are currently
      planning an event for the upcoming Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
      Day, "A Day on Not a Day Off" celebration. Since the executive
      director of Area 10 is also an RPCV, we would like to ask local
      RPCVs to participate in this event. Our idea is to ask RPCVs to
      accompany the Meals on Wheels program that operates out of Area 10
      and to give a special presentation on topics such as peace and
      community that Dr. King promoted. We would love everyone's imput as
      well as support. If you would like to join us, please contact me at
      this email or at Area 10. (I have included my work-contact info.
      below)
      Thank you all very much,

      Abbie Hantgan
      ahantgan@...