418Social Security job opportunities available again

  • Stephanie Schuck
    Aug 2, 2014
    The Lafayette SSA office is hiring, again!  Would you please share information with RPCV to help us recruit for a non-competitive eligibility status for a position with the Social Security Administration.

    We are currently recruiting for a permanent position in the Lafayette office for a claims representative or Service representative in Lafayette.  Here are the position descriptions:

    Claims Representatives: interview applicants for benefits, determine a claimant’s initial eligibility for Social Security benefits, and analyze any evidence that will help make that determination. These employees obtain, clarify, and verify data used to analyze claims and make benefit decisions.
    Service Representatives: assist the public by answering a wide variety of questions, conducting interviews, investigating situations, and resolving issues. These employees make determinations that affect a claimant’s ongoing eligibility for Social Security benefits.

    I have attached a flyer with additional information.
    Contact:
    Janet Winters
    Manager, Lafayette, Indiana
    888-870-7641

    "In the end, we will conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will understand what we are taught."
                                                                                         -Baba Dioum, Senegalese conservationist