412Job opportunity with Make A Wish Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana
- Jun 12, 2014
Here is a job opportunity with Make A Wish for medical outreach manager for Kentucky and southern Ohio.
the Job discription is:
Job Title: Medical Outreach Manager
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: Kim Pettingell, Senior Medical Outreach Manager
Supervisory Interns/MAW Volunteers
Type of position:
x Full-time o Part-time o Intern
The Medical Outreach Manager reports directly to the Senior Medical Outreach Manager.
The Medical Outreach Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the program services medical outreach and referral efforts to ensure all qualified children receive a wish.
He/she is to act as a member of the team in supporting coworkers and supervisors in accomplishing the Chapter objectives set forth by Chapter President & CEO, and the Vice President of Programs.
Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks than those specifically presented in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop action plan to achieve the desired referral at each medical institution
o Make presentations that education and inform
o Build relationships that cause our mission to be top of mind
o Keep referral sources informed on progress
o Provide recognition and celebrate wish stories with key contacts
2. Conduct analysis to determine appropriate actions
o wish potential to achieve referral goals and maximize target markets
o referral trends and reports for strategic planning and marketing
o eligibility in accordance with National and chapter specific policies and guidelines
o stakeholder satisfaction and appreciation surveys
3. Identify new referral markets and strategically determine best method for outreach; source new and update potential referral targets per region via internet/social media, interpersonal relationships, MAW staff and referral market
4. Proactively engages in process and policy improvement efforts by keeping abreast of National policies, guidelines and resources related to eligibility and medical outreach efforts
5. Participate as a team player to attain annual goals, objectives and long range planning as directed by the VP of Programs
6. Strategize with Program Staff on referral strategy communications; analyze opportunities and how to take advantage of Board and local connections
Essential Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives
· Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; building and sustaining productive long-term relationships
· Working knowledge of child development and childhood illnesses & treatments
· Travel required within the 3-state area; additional travel may arise on an as needed basis
· Must be social media savvy for research purposes; have database expertise, computer proficiency
Essential Education & Experience:
· 3-5 years’ experience in program management, marketing or social work
· Bachelor’s Degree in social work, child development, business or marketing
· BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Show ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency in a team-oriented atmosphere
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Demonstrate a willingness to positively contribute to a team-oriented environment
· Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The physical demands and work environment listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical Demands: While performing this job employees may occasionally be required to talk, stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, key data, stoop, twist, bend, crawl, speak and hear. Employees may drive a motor vehicle and may be required to travel during business hours and overnight up to 40-50% of the time. Person must also be able to move/lift up to 20 pounds.
· Work Environment: While performing this job employee is exposed to weather prevalent at the time with varying noise levels.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
contact information to submitte resume:
Senior Medical Outreach Manager
Make-A-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana
2545 Farmers Drive, Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43235
Toll Free: 1-877-206-9474
If anyone is interested. Kim asked me to forward to nonprofit groups I may have contact with as they are looking for the right candiadate.
Rodney Craggs, RPCV/Liberia '87-'89