377Arizona Teaching Fellows Seeking Partners to Close the Achievement Gap

  • info2@arizonateachingfellows.org
    Nov 18, 2012
    Dear Community Member,
    I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you because the application for Arizona Teaching Fellows just opened and I’m looking for partners to help find active community members who are interested in changing careers and training to become teachers. I’m hoping that through your connections your organization you would be able to offer support.

    The Arizona Teaching Fellows program provides an accelerated pathway into teaching for talented career changers and accomplished recent college graduates. We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to put their knowledge and experience to work on behalf of high-need students throughout Arizona, specifically in the urban districts of Phoenix, Arizona - the tribal communities of Page, Holbrook, and Sanders Arizona - and the southwest border schools of Yuma, Arizona.

    The first deadline for Arizona Teaching Fellows is December 10 and we are recruiting for several subject areas, with a focus on 7-12th grade math, biology, chemistry, physics, and English language arts and K-12th grade special education.

    Would you be willing to share information about Arizona Teaching Fellows? I greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about the work we’re doing to close the achievement gap by increasing the effectiveness of our public schools’ teaching staff.  We recruit, train, and select outstanding individuals to teach in high needs school throughout the communities of Arizona and I’m sure you personally know people who have the potential to become exceptional educators.

    Since 2008, more than 200 talented professionals have stepped into classrooms in Phoenix, Tucson, Nogales, Holbrook, Page, Sanders, and Yuma. Together they're addressing perennial shortages for talented teachers in Arizona's underserved school districts. Click here to get a deeper understanding of the Fellow experience by visiting the Arizona Teaching Fellows website.

    Here are five of the easiest ways you can help promote the December 10 application deadline for Arizona Teaching Fellows:

    1. Include the attached Arizona Teaching Fellows flyer in your next newsletter or listserv email.  Help us spread the word to those who may be interested in joining the ranks of outstanding educators committed to increasing student achievement in Arizona.
    2. Forward this email to three potential candidates.  Many outstanding applications come directly from referrals – community leaders, professionals, college students, family and friends spreading the word about this accelerated route to the classroom. A personal recommendation from you might be the encouragement someone needs to apply.
    3. Connect with us on social media. We’re on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaTeachingFellows) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/AZTF) and we regularly add posts about our Fellows and the work we’re doing to close the achievement gap. A simple share or retweet can go a long way in creating interest in our work.
    4. Forward this email to other community leaders. Send this to leaders who may be interested in sharing this opportunity with their networks.
    5. Click here to learn more about Arizona Teaching Fellows and reach out if you have any questions.
    What do you think? Could you take a few minutes to support Arizona Teaching Fellows and help us deliver on the promise of quality education for all children? Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

    Best,

    Erin Krapf
    Senior Program Operations Manager

    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: