Halloweenie Roast and Pitch-In Sat, Oct. 27th

(373)
  • Stephanie Schuck
    Oct 14, 2012 Expand Messages

      Hi everyone!

      We are having a family and friends pitch-in Halloweenie Roast on October 27, 2012, Saturday, 12:00 noon until 4ish at Eagle Creek Park, Mt. Pleasant North Shelter!

      There is a playground at the shelter. There is a Go-Ape zip-line and tree-top adventure course (We will have a group discount –more on that to follow).   There are hiking trails and nature centers. This is a family and friends affairs, so feel free to bring both. Some games will be provided, such as bocce ball, but please feel free to bring along any fun outdoor games you enjoy!

      This is a pitch-in. We will need hotdogs, buns, soft drinks, paper or plastic cutlery, plates and cups, graham crackers, marshmallows, Hershey bars (for S’Mores)  or your favorite dish from your host country.  Please RSVP by Oct. 25th to Stephanie at schuck_stephanie@... or rsvp on our facebook page, and please indicate what you will bring in your RSVP.

      Directions:
      Eagle Creek Park is located at 7840 W.  56th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana, on 56th Street just west of the west leg of Interstate 465.  If entering the park from the 56th Street gate, once in the park take the very first right turn (at the parking lot) then the very next left to the Mt. Pleasant Shelter.
      If 71st Street is more convenient, take 71st Street   west.  Just west of Interstate 65, 71st Street turns south to become the Park’s north side entrance. Once in the Park take the Park road south until just before the 56th Street Park gate.  Turn left at the parking lot on your left, and then the next left to the Mt. Pleasant Shelter.

      A couple of other things. The park gate entry fee is $5.00 per car.  And if you still need directions once in the Park, feel free to call Michael White, (317) 828-4824.

      Hope to see you all there! Email me with questions.

      Stephanie

      "In the end, we will conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will understand what we are taught."
                                                                                           -Baba Dioum, Senegalese conservationist
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic