314Peace Corps 50th Anniversary celebration at UW-Madison

  • events@africa.wisc.edu
    Sep 28 8:27 AM
      Hello,

      The African Studies department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in partnership with the RPCVs of Madison is preparing for a conference to celebrate 50 years of Peace Corps service in Africa and beyond March 24-26 2011.  If you think any of your membership might be interested in presenting, volunteering, or attending this event, we would love to have a way to communicate with them as our program evolves.  Below is the "Save-the-Date" announcement we have been sending to potential participants.  Our conference will feature the current Director of the Peace Corps as one of the keynote speakers, and will also feature art, dance, music, storytelling, and reflections on the Peace Corps.

      Thanks for your help, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

      Peace,

      Aleia McCord
      Graduate Student Assistant
      African Studies Program
      University of Wisconsin-Madison

      Celebrate 50 years of the Peace Corps and African Studies at Wisconsin with UW alumni and friends.

      Peace Corps and Africa
      March 24–26, 2011
      Wisconsin Memorial Union
      800 Langdon Street
      Madison

      This three-day conference will honor 50 years of volunteer service and explore the impacts of the Peace Corps in Africa and beyond.

      Stay tuned and save the date! Registration will open in October.

      For more information about the conference and how you can get involved, contact
      events@... or visit africa.wisc.edu.

      Sponsored by the Wisconsin Alumni Association and the African Studies Program.

      If you do not wish to receive further emails regarding School/College/Department news and information, please click here.