Re: Project balalaika DONE

  • carrington3000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
      Tommy, that is a great looking instrument! I see, with much jealousy,
      that you have another of those boxes? Won't it be fun to see how that
      build will be similar but different!

      Diane in Chicago

      --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"
      <wrongboxguitars@...> wrote:

      > Ok i am posting this right after my last where I said it's almost done,
      > I don't know about you guys but my builds are almost never almost done
      > for long HA The family went to a new years event, I didn't feel up to it
      > (cough cough) and was able to complete project balalaika! I am amazed,
      > it is almost as loud as my baby taylor guitar! if someone would help me
      > I would like to post a sound file, here it is completed. I am realy
      > proud of this one!! Tommy fat fingers

      1369/pic/791693524/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&\
      > dir=asc

      71369/pic/791693524/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20\
      > &dir=asc>

    • Terry King
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
        Tom,
        Looks sharp! I am really looking forward to hearing it. I should have
        looked closer, but did you electrify it at all, or is it all
        acoustic? Good job,
        Terry.

        <wrongboxguitars@...> wrote:

        > Ok i am posting this right after my last where I said it's almost
        done,
        > I don't know about you guys but my builds are almost never almost
        done
        > for long HA The family went to a new years event, I didn't feel up
        to it
        > (cough cough) and was able to complete project balalaika! I am
        amazed,
        > it is almost as loud as my baby taylor guitar! if someone would
        help me
        > I would like to post a sound file, here it is completed. I am realy
        > proud of this one!! Tommy fat fingers

        77\
        > 1369/pic/791693524/view?
        picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&\
        > dir=asc

        97\
        > 71369/pic/791693524/view?
        picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20\
        > &dir=asc>

      • Faust Eric
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
          I can see the samovars, the Cossacks galloping through the banquet hall, suddenly, with raised saber, the rider hears the haunting, beckoning strains of an ancient and plaintiff tune of the peasant heritage from which he came. there in the corner, the court musician played his balalaika as what he thought would be his last salute to life.
          the Cossacks surrounded him, dismounted, and listened. The balalaika cast a spell upon them. the mystic of the strings, the echo of the sound box had done its work.

          well done Sir Thomas, well done.

          Awesome job! I know what you mean, when an instrument gets close you
          just can't hardly wait to get 'er done to see what it sounds like!
          Looks like everyone else is away from the 'puter on this New Year's
          Eve. Happy new one!!!!

          Johnny Cox

          <wrongboxguitars@ ...> wrote:

          > Ok i am posting this right after my last where I said it's almost
          done,
          > I don't know about you guys but my builds are almost never almost
          done
          > for long HA The family went to a new years event, I didn't feel up
          to it
          > (cough cough) and was able to complete project balalaika! I am
          amazed,
          > it is almost as loud as my baby taylor guitar! if someone would
          help me
          > I would like to post a sound file, here it is completed. I am realy
          > proud of this one!! Tommy fat fingers

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CIGARBOXGU ITARBUILDERS/ photos/album/ 1339
          77\
          > 1369/pic/791693524/ view?
          picmode=&mode= tn&order= ordinal&start= 1&count=20& \
          > dir=asc

          <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CIGARBOXGU ITARBUILDERS/ photos/album/ 133
          97\
          > 71369/pic/791693524 /view?
          picmode=&mode= tn&order= ordinal&start= 1&count=20\
          > &dir=asc>

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
            its accoustic, and amazingly loud
            --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Terry King"
            <abuelo_de_carly@...> wrote:

            > Tom,
            > Looks sharp! I am really looking forward to hearing it. I should
            have
            > looked closer, but did you electrify it at all, or is it all
            > acoustic? Good job,
            > Terry.
            >
            > --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"
            > <wrongboxguitars@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Ok i am posting this right after my last where I said it's almost
            > done,
            > > I don't know about you guys but my builds are almost never almost
            > done
            > > for long HA The family went to a new years event, I didn't feel
            up
            > to it
            > > (cough cough) and was able to complete project balalaika! I am
            > amazed,
            > > it is almost as loud as my baby taylor guitar! if someone would
            > help me
            > > I would like to post a sound file, here it is completed. I am
            realy
            > > proud of this one!! Tommy fat fingers

            > 77\
            > > 1369/pic/791693524/view?
            > picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&\
            > > dir=asc

            > 97\
            > > 71369/pic/791693524/view?
            > picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20\
            > > &dir=asc>

          • bob salmon
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
              Very cool build Tom, Bob

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009

                Hi To

                The first build of 2009 i have seen this year !!

                Looks good my friend - i see you have another box the same - have you considerd  making it in-to a Double neck that would suite the box  great - just a idea for you !!

                Have a great year

                regards

                juju

                --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <wrongboxguitars@...> wrote:

                > Ok i am posting this right after my last where I said it's almost done,
                > I don't know about you guys but my builds are almost never almost done
                > for long HA The family went to a new years event, I didn't feel up to it
                > (cough cough) and was able to complete project balalaika! I am amazed,
                > it is almost as loud as my baby taylor guitar! if someone would help me
                > I would like to post a sound file, here it is completed. I am realy
                > proud of this one!! Tommy fat fingers

                > 1369/pic/791693524/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&\
                > dir=asc
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS/photos/album/13397\
                > 71369/pic/791693524/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20\
                > &dir=asc>

              • Wichita Sam
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 1, 2009
                  Tom,

                  I like it.... nice use of a box with an unusual shape.... How's it
                  sound?

                  the best,

                  SAM--- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"
                  <wrongboxguitars@...> wrote:

                  > Ok i am posting this right after my last where I said it's almost
                  done,
                  > I don't know about you guys but my builds are almost never almost
                  done
                  > for long HA The family went to a new years event, I didn't feel up
                  to it
                  > (cough cough) and was able to complete project balalaika! I am
                  amazed,
                  > it is almost as loud as my baby taylor guitar! if someone would
                  help me
                  > I would like to post a sound file, here it is completed. I am realy
                  > proud of this one!! Tommy fat fingers

                  77\
                  > 1369/pic/791693524/view?
                  picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&\
                  > dir=asc

                  97\