Re: Art StrumCigarBox

  • carrington3000
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
      Oh man, oh man! That is such a little beauty! I'll borrow spouse's
      amp for the show for those who wish to wail on it with power. I'd
      better practice up a bit so I can show it off to good advantage!

      Thanks a bunch, Sam! I'll be sure to take pictures of it on the wall!

      All of you near Chicago please come on by on Sunday, the 7th. Last
      year was a complete mob scene. Excellent food, hot cider 'n' wine,
      great company and fine art by dedicated craftspeople.

      http://www.gogetyoursmock.org/seminars_and_special_events/artisansale.html

      The link above is for the open house/show page, but Sam's guitar is
      not the one in the photo -- obviously! Gotta change that!

      Diane in Chicago

      --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Wichita Sam"

      http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/?action=view¤t\
      > =70e12210.pbw

      <http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/?action=view¤\
      > t=70e12210.pbw>
      >
      > Thanks for looking.
      >
      > the best,
      >
      > Wichita Sam

    • julian
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008

        Hi Sam

        I must say i do like your scroll Headstocks

        Well done mate it's a cracking build

        I'm sure there will be plenty of intrest in it at the Gallery

        I'm going to try a scroll headstock someday they look cool

        Regards

        juju

      • gene
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
          she looks real nice Sam love the neck

          \
          > =70e12210.pbw

          <http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/?action=view¤\
          \
          > t=70e12210.pbw>
          >
          > Thanks for looking.
          >
          > the best,
          >
          > Wichita Sam

        • wade
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
            Sam,

            Beautiful build. I like the overall proportions.

            Wade

            --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "gene" <smithgene@...>
            wrote:

            > she looks real nice Sam love the neck
            > --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Wichita Sam"
            > <wichita_sam@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > Diane asked be to build a little strummer for an upcoming show at
            her
            > > art gallery. I came up with a 21 inch scale, dulcimer fretted
            > > (including the 6 1/2 fret) strummer based on a Chateau Real Box.
            > >
            > > [WS86001.jpg picture by WichitaSam]
            > >
            > > Eric's fiddle encouraged me to give the box the full treatment;
            > > stripping the paper binding, exposing the tongue and groove
            corners
            > and
            > > putting several coats of stain/sealer on it. The neck is a ozark
            > > cedar/walnut/cedar laminate. The headstock has extra width from
            cedar
            > > "wings" glued on before the "Wichita Sam hook scroll" was cut. A
            > pretty
            > > feature is the walnut fret board with a naturally occuring blonde
            > > stripe. The rest is straight forward; neck thru construction,
            single
            > > piezo pup. brass tail piece and neck stock laminate/all thread
            > > bridge/saddle. It seems to be a real player with good looks too. I
            > > hope the Chicago folks like it...
            > >
            > > Here's a slide show with more pics.
            > >

            > http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/?
            action=view¤t\
            > \
            > > =70e12210.pbw
            > >
            > <http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/?
            action=view¤\
            > \
            > > t=70e12210.pbw>
            > >
            > > Thanks for looking.
            > >
            > > the best,
            > >
            > > Wichita Sam

          • Eric Butler
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
              That looks great, Sam. I especially like the neck laminate...very pretty!

              Eric