Re: Bluegrass Jam...

  • Tap
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 27, 2012
      Hey guys, sorry to be so out of touch here as well; I'm going through a divorce, trying to remain gainfully employed (pretty much succeeding, thank God), and what's really weird is that I still haven't gotten my feet under me since returning from 6 months in Montana last October. I am finally doing an art walk night in April, gonna show off some ukes, gits, a canjo or two, etc. Looking forward to it, I hope the fire returns; I've got a lot of building to do.
      Take care everybody. Keep building and playing, I think we're beyond the novelty stage and into something a bit more permanent, at least I hope so. These really are beautiful little instruments.

      -Steve

      --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, "Wichita Sam" <wichitasam@...> wrote:

      > fun to pass the fun around, isn't it?
      >
      > --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, Ray Heilman <sirdeerfootofbarclay@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I understand the busy part. Since writing about your strummer, I've been
      > > playing the four string I built each Monday at the jam. Just this weekend,
      > > I lent the dulci-strummer to the coffee shop owner's daughter. The mom had
      > > to make her daughter put it down and practice her violin for an upcoming
      > > lesson!
      > >
      > > Ray <><
      > >
      > > On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Daniel Bingamon <daniel@>wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Been busy also..
      > > > Daniel Bingamon
      > > >

      > > > At 10:59 PM 3/26/2012, you wrote:
      > > >

      > > > ray,
      > > >
      > > > glad you enjoy it. as you can tell I am so busy that I can't keep up. I'm
      > > > wondering if there is much point of keeping this group going except as an
      > > > archive....
      > > >
      > > > the best,
      > > >
      > > > Sam
      > > >
      > > > --- In CIGARBOXGUITARBUILDERS@yahoogroups.com, Ray Heilman

    • Daniel Bingamon
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 27, 2012
        The other day I went to the Michaels crafts store. Discovery a bunch
        a little wood boxes just waiting to be turned into instruments.

        Some of them even have built-in carrying handles and air holes with
        screens over them.

        Daniel Bingamon
      • Ray Heilman
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 27, 2012
          I've eyed those from time to time.  Since the Liquor Barn is nearby and still has a large supply of cigar boxes, I haven't bitten at Michael's.  The other day, when I was in Liquor Barn, I was looking at the boxes and a checker came over and told me to grab a bunch of boxes and bring them to register one and she'd give me a deal.  I got 4 Padrons, 2 Ashtons, and 2 Brick Houses for $4.  They are normally $2 each.  Now I need to find some neck wood around the house and some time!

          RayTheOtherRay <><

        • Brian Hunt
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 27, 2012
            I have made a few diddly bo's from boxes at Micahels. They turned out fairly nice and I ended up selling all of them. Pick them carefully, some of them are hastily built and have some flaws.

            Brian Hunt.

            --
            Robert A. Heinlein, science-fiction writer, on jacks-of-all-trades: A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, steer a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, pitch manure, solve equations, analyze a new problem, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. "I'm addicted to placebos, I could quit but it wouldn't matter." Stephen Wright. "The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato