FBI Raid on Gibson Guitar Factory!

  • Matte
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2011

      Has anybody seen this?

      http://www.play4theworld.com/?p=264

      According to Henry Juszkiewicz, the CEO of Gibson, this law that they're interpretting to extremely makes even the purchase of a guitar with Indian rosewood  illegal unless the guitar was made in India.

      Matte

    • AG
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2011
        Interesting article here from the Nashville Tennessean paper.

        http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111002/BUSINESS/310020051/For-guitar-makers-wood-poses-quandary

        A little less hyperbole and a bit more history of what's going on.

        AG

        On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Matte <resistzine@...> wrote:

        Has anybody seen this?

        http://www.play4theworld.com/?p=264

        According to Henry Juszkiewicz, the CEO of Gibson, this law that they're interpretting to extremely makes even the purchase of a guitar with Indian rosewood  illegal unless the guitar was made in India.

        Matte

      • Daniel Bingamon

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2011
            Ooops! I was working a lot then, and wasn't keeping up with emails very well.

            Mat