I am working on our only event for the year.

  • Melissa Wu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009
      Please help me promote it when all is confirmed. Thank you!

      April 22, 2009 from 12:00 to 2:00.

      Committee for Human Rights and Social Justice (CHRSJ) proudly presents...

      A Screening of Film Created by Local Filmmaker Tarek Maasaarani

      Tarek will be available for questions and answers after the screening of this award winning film!

      Sour Milk and Honey follows a young man of both Jewish and Muslim descent to the Middle East on a quest to find out what lies behind the headlines and buzzwords of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. As he wanders through Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank, we see the lives and hear the stories of men, women, students, settlers, activists, soldiers, militants, and others. From the scene of a bus bomb or protesters' conflagration with the Israeli army, to a visit with the parents of the "American martyr," Rachel Corrie, Sour Milk and Honey is a candid and revealing look at the meaning of peace in one of the world's hottest hot spots.

      An independent video-journal-style documentary, Sour Milk and Honey has been warmly received at numerous film festivals and other local and international venues. The film reveals the human contours of the Middle East conflict and has been used as a springboard for discussion amongst community groups and graduate and undergraduate courses on the conflict.