Community Service Proposal

  • !
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2007
      Ms. Charles,

      Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. This letter is
      to review the elements of our discussion:

      Proposal:

      The students of the UDC Law School are interested in providing some
      community service work for the UDC Children's Development Center. We
      are interested in possibly offering our time, action or fund-raising
      abilities.

      Recommendations:

      The UDC Children's Development Center would welcome the law student's
      efforts to research liability issues surrounding the lack of fencing
      or barrier protection for the children in the area accessed via the
      push-bar door and the plaza. The children are currently able to push
      the bar and access the plaza and nearby street with impediment.

      The UDC Children's Development Center would welcome the law student's
      efforts to petition the School's Administration for the construction
      of fencing or barrier between the push-bar door and the plaza.

      The UDC Children's Development Center would welcome the law student's
      help with painting of the walls within the Center. The Center would
      like to create a warmer environment for the children.

      The UDC Children's Development Center would welcome the law student's
      help the construction of an outdoor learning center in the area of
      the current outside play area. Needed efforts would include design,
      resource development and collection, construction and petitioning the
      Administration.

      The UDC Children's Development Center would welcome a schedule where
      law students would read to the children. The law student would be
      supervised. The center must be notified in advance of who and when a
      reader will be at the center.

      I hope that we may able to achieve at least some of these objectives.

      Thank you for your time,

      Kevin R. Hill
      Committee Member,
      Committee for Human Rights and Social Justice
      UDC-DCSL