33FYI - If interested, e-mail me and I will send you the registration form.

  • Melissa Wu
    Oct 3, 2008
      The ABA Section of International Law

      Africa Committee Presents

      The Role of Media in Developing the Rule of Law in Africa

      The media plays an important role in our lives. It shapes our
      thoughts and opinions on an issue, how we perceive people and places,
      and can influence how we react to issues when they occur. Does the
      same hold true for the rule of law? Does dedicating more attention to
      negative issues such as Mugabe, Sudan, and AIDS over positive issues
      such as Malawi, Ghana, and the successful transitions of
      power/enforcement of groundbreaking decisions throughout the continent
      have an impact on how the rule of law in perceived both inside and
      outside those countries/regions? Please join us for a lively panel
      discussion on this and other issues as we explore the media's impact
      in developing the rule of law in Africa.

      Featured Speakers:

      Victor Mroczka, Moderator, Chair, Africa Committee

      Julia Wilson, CEO & Founder, Wilson Global Communications USA

      Ron Wimer, Media Consultant

      Paul Nathanson, PBN Company, Senior Vice President and Managing
      Director, Washington DC Office

      Marian Tupy, Policy Analyst, Cato Institute - Center for Global
      Liberty and Prosperity

      Mark Walton, Executive Vice-President, Sponsorship & Corporate
      Development at The Africa Channel *invited

      Location: ABA Building, 740 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005

      Date: October 7, 2008

      Time: 1:30 - 3:30 pm EST

      *To register for this event, please complete the registration form
      attached to this email.