"Healing Hands" DVD now available
- Austin Goh's "Healing Hands" DVD is now out:
It is only available in the UK so far and therefore in Region 2 ((Europe, Japan, South Africa, Middle East, Egypt)) encoding, but will play elsewhere on a computer or on a multi-region DVD player.
In a well-structured and indexed sequence of video films, the martial arts master and his students demonstrate the techniques and skills that that they use for self-healing and for healing others...
* A lot of attention is paid to ways of building up vital energy (chi, ki, prana) and clearing the energy field before commencing healing work.
* Pre-healing preparation includes yang exercises as well as yin (how refreshing to see that yang clearing, mobilisation and integration is not neglected, as so often happens!)
* Simple self-healing techniques for aches and pains are demonstrated, based on acupressure, meridian/aura stroking, boundary validation and "laying on of hands" type energy transfer.
* Simple healing techniques to perform on a patient/client/partner/friend are demonstrated.
* Meditation techniques are shown but not really explained. However the transcendental states achieved seem pretty convincing!
* The demonstrations involve a range of ages and genders, which is nice to see. Teenagers apparently do not have to be mindless, antisocial, "lager louts" or laddish Scary-Marys!