Paragon Vee Drive HOT - HELP

  • terryatkellhaven
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2002
      Recntly I aquired a second hand boat with twin 318 Chryslers and
      paragon vee drives. To cut a long story short, after doing up one
      of the motors and going for a run the vee drive actually got red hot.

      After removing and replacing bearing etc and another run it again
      gets hot. Various emails suggested that the thrust bearing may be
      arount the wrong way, so out again and turned bearing so that the
      two thrust bearing take the forward thrust ie both the same way.

      Problem is it still gets hot eneough to ruin the bottom seal.

      Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to approach this one, any
      ideas appreciated.

      Regards
      Terry