Need Ideas

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011
      Thanks for the help in combining the different weaves. I wanted to make a Christmas present for someone. I need ideas. However, I have never done any decorative weaving yet, so along with ideas I need help on how it is done. All the other stuff I have done is simply armor. 4 in 1; 6 in 1; and king's maille, are the only ones that I am any good at. I am willing to try anything, so don't worry about too complicated. As long as there is a "how to" I will survive. Thanks for the help.
    • Richard Laswell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2011
        Check out these tutorials:

        http://cgmaille.com/tutorials.shtml

        http://corvuschainmaille.ning.com/group/Tutorials/forum

        http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/subcat.cgi?key=5

        Tapering E4-1 at the ends and adding some JPL:

        (http://cgmaille.com/tutorials/jpl.shtml)

        This can make a great bracelet that looks somewhat like an ID bracelet. I made one recently from 18 AWG 3mm ID rings. Just make a 5 ring wide strip of E4-1 and taper top and bottom ends. then add short lengths of JPL on each end at the tapers. Add a larger catch ring at one end and a lobster clasp at the other and it's done.

        Dragon scale is also a very good jewelry weave:

        (http://cgmaille.com/tutorials/dragonscale.shtml)

        Dragonscale is made with 2 sizes of rings and making it in 2 metals or different colors with enamel coated rings creates a stunning look.
        This is basically 2 layers of E4-1 inter woven with smaller rings laying in one direction and larger rings laying in the other.

        I hope that these ideas will help you out.

        Richard