new photos & a tutorial

  • Amy C. Sanders
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011

      I've added a few new photos to my folder on CMA_Gallery

      My most recent one, which I am so tickled about I am almost ASHAMED I love it so much! Surely someone should love their own creations as much as I do this one!

      A month ago someone was looking for the wallflower ring sizes? Well, this isn't that, but at the same time I was fiddling around with making a smaller celtic visions star and came up with this 4 pointed small version. I dangled an amethyst dagger off of it for this pendant:

      http://yhoo.it/egR2sq

      Here's a basic Euro 4-1 with facted sterling beads running down the middle:

      http://yhoo.it/gwxkm0

      And here's an older bracelet, but still a favorite, something a friend of mine named Enso - japanese 12-2 with fun ring sizes.

      http://yhoo.it/hR1jvO

      And also! I just posted a tutorial for my Shenandoah pendant -- would love some feedback! Anything unclear? Weird? Missing important steps? Lemme have it!

      http://www.crazymokes.com/2011/04/shenandoah-pendant-tutorial/

      --
      Amy C. Sanders - raine studios
      unique handcrafted jewelry
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
        Amy, I absolutely love the "celtic visions" pendant. Could you post ring sizes?

        In your tutorial, the only comment I have it that you should either mention the gauge standard used for the wire (AWG vs SWG) or the wire diameter.

        Mary

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
          Ooh, thanks Mary, I added AWG to the tutorial.

          The 4 pointed star is made with 18AWG 5.5 and 20AWG 3.25 rings. 18g 5.25mm works nicely also.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 12, 2011
              thanks for the tutorial, amy. my only comment after looking at it is that it would be nice to list how many rings of each size are needed where you list the ring sizes. one could go through the tut and make a tally but much easier if stated up front.

              karen