RE: Criss-Cross Chain

  • Linda Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Nancy, thanks for the suggestions.  I had just tried adding the third ring to the Byz, and that definitely helps.  I'll try the round maille soon.

      Lisa, thanks for telling me about the AR Search at http://www.maillear tisans.org/ weaves/weavelist search.php
      Somehow I had missed that, or maybe it is new.  It is very helpful!

      Gladys, I was having a major panic trying to figure out how I could have made the chains I have with made, while mistaking OD for ID.  DUH!  When I looked at the packaging, I found I had gotten the rings from Rio Grande, not Fire Mountain!  This was about 6 years ago, so I guess it's not an immediate health concern to realize I'd forgotten where I purchased the ring.  :)  But thanks for reminding me, so I don't order the wrong rings in the future.
      -----------------

      >Did you know that FMG sells their rings by OD, not ID?
      If it says 5.0 16 ga., and it's OD, that it is more like 2.8 ID.
      Unless you mean after figuring for the wire diameter, they are 5.0???
      >Gladys
       >www.silverandspicej ewelry.com

    • Amy C. Sanders
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
        I've never seen that AR search tool either -- how cool is that!! Thanks from me too!

        Gotta love the submit button: "go my flying monkeys!"

        --
        Amy C. Sanders - raine studios
        unique handcrafted jewelry