new bracelet

  • Joella Miller
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1, 2009
      http://snipurl.com/h5g4u
      Just posted a pix of a new bracelet on facebook. This link should take
      you to it. This is my first chainmaille piece since my cataract surgery.
      Joella

      --
      Joella Miller
      http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.com (blog)
      Message 2 of 26 , May 1, 2009
        That's beautiful, what weave is it?

        www.ChainedCreation.com   Unique Chain Maille Jewelry
        Dare to be the "YOU" you've dreamed of being.

        It's not "What" we have in our life that counts, it's "Who" we have in our life.

        If I only get a few choices in life, let it be the choice to live my life by my own rules, dance to the music of my own rhythms,  and share my heart and passion with one who deserves it.

        Message 3 of 26 , May 1, 2009
          Maybe if the clasp is open, the safety chain will be easier to see & photograph?

          Erin/e-maille

          --- In CHAIN_MAILLE_ARTISTS@yahoogroups.com, Joella Miller <joellam@...> wrote:

          > http://snipurl.com/h5g4u
          > Just posted a pix of a new bracelet on facebook. This link should take
          > you to it. This is my first chainmaille piece since my cataract surgery.
          > Joella
          >
          > --
          > Joella Miller
          > http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.com (blog)
          > http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.etsy.com
          > http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.artfire.com

        • Cindy Burns
          Message 4 of 26 , May 1, 2009
            SO pretty!

            Was it good to actually see what you were working on?!

            Message 5 of 26 , May 1, 2009
              Oh wow that is so beautiful. good job.

              --- In CHAIN_MAILLE_ARTISTS@yahoogroups.com, "Cindy Burns" <cinqueen@...> wrote:

              > SO pretty!
              >
              > Was it good to actually see what you were working on?!

            • Nell Post
              Message 6 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                Hi Joella,

                The bracelet is beautiful. If you want to show off the safety chain, I would suggest staging it on a prop of some sort, rather than laying it on a flat surface. But personally, I think that the bracelet itself is the most important thing. The safety chain is a nice feature but I'm sure it's not as stunning as the bracelet.

                Nell

              • dgg112@aol.com
                Message 7 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                  Joella soooooooooooooo pretty!!!!

                  debbie

                  In a message dated 5/1/2009 7:37:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
                  joellam@... writes:

                  _http://snipurl.http://sn_ (http://snipurl.com/h5g4u)
                  Just posted a pix of a new bracelet on facebook. This link should take
                  you to it. This is my first chainmaille piece since my cataract surgery.
                  Joella

                  --
                  Joella Miller
                  _http://www.alwayswihttp://www.ahtt_ (http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.com/)
                  (blog)
                  _http://www.alwayswihttp://www.ahttp://w_
                  (http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.etsy.com/)
                  _http://www.alwayswihttp://www.ahttp://www._
                  (http://www.alwayswiredbeadlady.artfire.com/)

                  **************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
                  your area. Start now!
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
                  src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)

                • Keith Landry
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                    very nice

                    Keith(mudbug)Landry http://www.myspace.com/mudbug44

                    Message 9 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                      Very nice!  The crystals give it a really nice touch- yum!
                      Deb

                      Psalm 30:11

                      Message 10 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                        Sorry, I couldn't see it. They want me to sign up. I'd rather not, but sure
                        hate to miss your work. Sigh!
                        dianna

                          Message 12 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                            Me too!!  I'm not a member and don't want to be, but I would love to see your piece!!!
                              di

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                              Joella, would you post your bracelet in your album on the gallery, please?
                              Pretty please?
                              Dianna

                              Message 14 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                she should put a copy in the gallery

                                Message 15 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                  Same here. Facebook wants me to sign up.
                                  So is there a way you can post it to the CMA Gallery?
                                  Thanks
                                  S-Max

                                  Sorry, I couldn't see it. They want me to sign up. I'd rather not, but sure
                                  hate to miss your work. Sigh!
                                  dianna

                                • The Hicks'
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                    wow simply gorgeous Makes me want to get some sterling. wow

                                    ________________________________

                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                      Ok, I'm in the processing now of uploading a pix of the bracelet to the
                                      files -- sorry, I assumed people could look at a photo w/out belonging.
                                      Thanks for the kind words about my work and yes, it is nice to be able
                                      to see -- although different. Before I worked on my chainmaille about 2
                                      inches from my nose but now my close vision is gone and I'm learning to
                                      work under a magnifier. Which reminds me -- do any of you do that? If
                                      so, what kind and how big?
                                      As for the safety chain, I wasn't so worried about getting it in the
                                      photo but this bracelet is hard to photograph - it's more of a cuff
                                      style and doesn't stand up by itself -- but it's hard to get a complete
                                      pix of it.
                                      Here's a link to the files. http://snipurl.com/h6a0h
                                      And the weave is called a Byzantine Ladder weave.
                                      I think I covered all the questions/comments. If not, email me and I'll
                                      answer.
                                      Thanks! Joella

                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                        I, for one, use a magnifier lamp religiously. It was a little weird getting use to it but now I can't get along without it. The main point, in my opinion, is don't go cheap. For durability and functionality sake, cheap will cause you more headaches. But the most important aspect is that the optics (the actual magnifier) should be good quality and glass, if you can find it. If you have to go plastic on the lens, try to get high density polycarbonate. And don't clean the lens with tissue. Use soft cotton cloth. Tissue will scratch the lens.

                                        As for the photographing the bracelet, increase your depth of field by using the smallest lens aperture. That way, most or all of the bracelet will be in focus.

                                        Nell

                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                          That is gorgeous!!!  Thank you for posting a pic for us!!
                                           I use a 5x magnifier lamp, I love it!!  i can see if my closures are right on with it!! I use it all the time now.
                                            di

                                          ________________________________

                                          Message 20 of 26 , May 1, 2009
                                            WOW! That is beautiful!

                                            A suggestion for the pic, turn the bracelet so the clasp is toward the back and open it so it will lay as flat as possible. Your focus (and that of your customers) should be on the bracelet and the bead work. The clasp is cool, but secondary to your great work. Opening the clasp will show the safety chain and let the braclet lay flatter, which will let you get more of it in focus.

                                            Another suggestion is to change the background color. Darker colors really make the silver pop, but if you go too dark, it may loose the beads. I typically shoot my stuff on velveteen. I get scraps from the discount bin at Walmart and have about 12 colors, so I can play until it really stands out. Again, the idea is to make your work stand out (and with work like that...WOW!)

                                            Bill
                                            www.TheSquiresWorkshop.com

                                            Message 21 of 26 , May 2, 2009
                                              A suggestion for the pic, turn the bracelet so the clasp is toward the
                                              back and open it so it will lay as flat as possible. Your focus (and
                                              that of your customers) should be on the bracelet and the bead work.
                                              Opening the clasp will show the safety chain and let the braclet lay
                                              flatter, which will let you get more of it in focus.
                                              Thank you -- I haven't done a lot of things w/ safety chains and trying
                                              to figure out how to lay/position it has really been driving me nuts.
                                              I'll try again in a day or two.
                                              Thanks for all the suggestions also on the magnifier.
                                              And the nice compliments.
                                              Joella