Re: New Jump Ringer System

  • nell_post
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi Barbara,

      I don't know about the new tabletop modle but I'd like to ask what
      problems you've had with the KK. I've ony been using it for about 6
      months and so far I haven't had any problems.

      Nell

      --- In CHAIN_MAILLE_ARTISTS@yahoogroups.com, "bdeyroch" <bdeynyc@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'd love to hear any feedback on the "new" jumpringer system that
      cuts
      > rings by sliding the coil over the blade like a wood table saw set-
      up.

      > I have a friend who developed a whole systme like this but due to
      > personal health problems did not market it. But it was awesome!
      None
      > of the problems we experience with the KK (we love ya, Dave, but
      there
      > ARE problems.)
      >
      > If ANYBODY has feedback on the new "tabletop" design for the jump
      > ringer system, I would be so thankful to hear it!!!
      >
      > Barbara

    • nell_post
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 4, 2008
        Okay, let me try to describe it better.

        The coil holder is in front of you on the table, your Dremal is in
        your right hand, comfortably seated in top of the coil holder. The
        popcicle stick is in your left hand. Put the wedge-out end of the
        stick on the corner closest to you on the left-hand end of the holder.

        When I get my studio finished and I start working on actual jewelry
        again, I'm going to use a left-over piece of 1X3, probably 6 inches
        long, and cut a notch in one end wide enough to accommadate the
        entire left-hand end of the coil holder.

        Nell

        --- In CHAIN_MAILLE_ARTISTS@yahoogroups.com, "DiannaWolfe"
        <gypsywitch@...> wrote:

        > Nell,
        >
        > I am trying to get a visual with the popsicle stick. I am not sure
        how it
        > helps keeping the coil holder from sliding. Do you have a picture?
        I have