Re: [CHAIN_MAILLE_ARTISTS] few new pics

  • Sharon Humphrey
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
      Wow, some one's been very busy! Super nice Keith!
      Where did you get the copper rings? Or do you make your own..

      Shar

    • Keith Landry
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
        I make my own the wire itself is actually
        rolmex...which it the wire that is used in
        electrical wiring in your house. it come in a
        roll and has 3 coated wires covered in an outer
        rubber cover. I peeled it with a razor blade and
        then rolled/coiled and cut it. and remember bare
        copper does petina and gets to looking dark like
        an old one cent piece/penny over time. depending
        on the chemistry of your skin and what you do
        when wearing it. for instance I have a couple
        pieces that turn really fast cuase I wore them to
        the water park and the pool chemicals help it
        turn in a couple days I have a jens pind one I am
        wearing now and it is still shinny after about a
        month.

        --- Sharon Humphrey <slhumphrey@...> wrote:

        > Wow, some one's been very busy! Super nice
        > Keith!
        > Where did you get the copper rings? Or do you
        > make your own..
        >
        > Shar

        Keith(mudbug)Landry http://mudbugschainmaille.com/

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sharon Humphrey
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
          I just love copper! I thought that all of you pieces were great too.
          I see that you do maille rings. Someone was looking to buy one
          the other day, may I forward your email address to her?

          Shar

          > I make my own the wire itself is actually
          > rolmex...which it the wire that is used in
          > electrical wiring in your house. it come in a
          > roll and has 3 coated wires covered in an outer
          > rubber cover. I peeled it with a razor blade and
          > then rolled/coiled and cut it. and remember bare
          > copper does petina and gets to looking dark like
          > an old one cent piece/penny over time. depending
          > on the chemistry of your skin and what you do
          > when wearing it. for instance I have a couple
          > pieces that turn really fast cuase I wore them to
          > the water park and the pool chemicals help it
          > turn in a couple days I have a jens pind one I am
          > wearing now and it is still shinny after about a
          > month.
        • Keith Landry
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
            sure you can have her mention maille in the
            subject cause sometime if I don't know who is
            mailing me I delete it...lol and thanks I always
            try to make my stuff that I would use and durable
            enought to be use/worn 24/7 if thats what you
            decide to do with it. thats why I use alot of
            stainless steel...its hard and strong and never
            wears out. I have made a few things that I wear
            the first one and if I don't like how it wears or
            hold up it goes in a box and I don'r make more.
            thats why I don't have alot of EC stuff ...to me
            it is soft to wear 24/7...looks good but not
            strong enough for my taste.

          • suanough@cebridge.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006

              OOOOH! Nice nice nice!

              Love the Jens Pind Ring!!!

              On Thu Aug 31 22:36 , 'Keith' <mudbug_37@...> sent:

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Sharon Humphrey
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                I forwarded your information on to her and mentioned she should do that.

                Shar

                > sure you can have her mention maille in the
                > subject cause sometime if I don't know who is
                > mailing me I delete it...lol and thanks I always
                > try to make my stuff that I would use and durable
                > enought to be use/worn 24/7 if thats what you
                > decide to do with it. thats why I use alot of
                > stainless steel...its hard and strong and never
                > wears out. I have made a few things that I wear
                > the first one and if I don't like how it wears or
                > hold up it goes in a box and I don'r make more.
                > thats why I don't have alot of EC stuff ...to me
                > it is soft to wear 24/7...looks good but not
                > strong enough for my taste.
              • Keith Landry
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                  thank shar