Hultog 6.0

  • S. John Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2003
      This isn't worth a press release or anything, but I thought you guys on the
      list might be interested: I've just uploaded a new revision of one of my
      earliest free fonts, Hultog. This new version (6) completely replaces the
      metrics and kerning in Hultog Italic. The original italic set (released
      with Hultog 5) worked well in applications that supported kerning (it was
      extensively hand-kerned) but looked awful in non-kerning apps like WordPad.
      I didn't quite have the skills to get the metrics right at the time; I've
      since learned :)

      There have also been a few kerning pairs and minor tweaks added to the main
      Hultog font, but most of the changes are in the now much better italic
      font. It still works much _better_ with kerning, of course (and has, all
      over again, been extensively hand-kerned) but it's now presentable in other
      kinds of apps as well.

      It's on the Fontworks page, as ever. Best -