Equestrian Guild Meeting 3/14

  • Monica Signer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      Greetings all --

      So, the first scheduled practice was put on the calendar for Sunday March 14th...    Yeah, well, when I walked down to the barn yesterday and nearly disappeared into the quagmire, I have to wonder whether that is feasible.  This rather prolonged winter has made it such that we have not yet dried out since before Christmas.  In short, the property is a mess.  Definitely a no-go for getting visiting trailers in, but riding at all is not going to be very pleasant.

      So can I reccommend that we turn that day, instead, into a workshop day to work on silk banners?  In speaking with others it was suggested that we would probably need a day just devoted to researching the types of banners and typical designs.  We could all then start to draw up our own designs on butcher paper.

      We would have to reconvene at a later date to get those designs painted onto silk, but I figure a start is a good way to begin..?

      9:30 am - Noon Sunday March 14th: Silk Banner workshop.  At Sun Pony.  Bring any reference / picture books ya got, and if you have your device designed, for sure bring that with you!  I'll supply butcher paper, and will get a projector so that we can scale images to be traced.
    • Diana
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2010
        Also at this meeting, if someone who might be able to attend the March revel in CaerGalen (the 26th I believe) coudl figure out a small/brief way to summarize what we do, they have asked that we present a little on Eq Arts.  I will not be able to attend the revel due to a prior engagement.  I might be able to make the 14th meeting but if I don't (depends on homework-GPA before SCA) I wanted to get this out there for all you smart horse minded people to gnaw on.  Thanks
        -Lady Nan

        -"Only those on journeys can see the dim roads that lead home"-

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
          So Noted, Nan -- hope you can make it this weekend regardless.

          Wystl

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 15, 2010
            Nan,

            Well -- we had a great time yesterday talking about banners, standards, pennons and ...gonfalons would you believe! However, we were all consumed in that activity and really got to little other business.

            What type of presentation are they looking for? A Verbal presentation? A write up? What? If it requires personal delivery I cannot assist unfortunately. We could always develop a description and photos type thing for someone else to take with them.

            Is anyone going to the Revel?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 15, 2010
              I think they would like a verbal presentation but even if we can get something together that I can hand to someone who will be there to read and show some of what we do that would be wonderful.  I *think* the main point of this is a "here's what guilds are available for you in Caer Galen" thing.