Crossroads 2009

  • Monica Signer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      My apologies for the delay on the report from Crossroads!
      But my husband had surgery - so I have an excuse ;-)  He's doing well.

      Anyways, we did have a great time at Crossroads.  6 horses hauled in.  Unfortunately the weather also rolled in and that forced us to be flexible in the planning.  But whose to say a little excitement isn't welcome?

      Tracker's Mounted Archery demo, though rescheduled, was spectacular!  I wrote up a blog about it here:
      http://sunponyranch.blogspot.com/2009/05/crossroads-2009.html   Note that Tracker is eager to conduct a mounted archery clinic for us at one of our practices - so keep that in mind.

      And all of my photos are available here at a slightly larger resolution:

      I haven't yet had a chance to write up the Eq Tourney -- life has been kinda hectic.  Let's say it was a rather windy day, which is just all so much fun with barding!  But we did process through camp, and then conducted a challenged based largely on what elements did we have that wouldn't blow away.  The pig sticking frequently threatened to become a true pig-chase!

      Cecelia's photos (may we all send thanks to Thorvald (sp?) who shot photos while the rest of us were attending to horses)  can be viewed here:

      I have to say all of the accolades I'd heard about the wonderful equestrian facilities at the Byer's fairgrounds site were entirely true.  I look forward to attending again next year.

      Tegan