  • Carol Hiesterman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      I am asking about the Equestrian Guild for help with a modest project I
      am looking into.

      I have a good quantity of high thread count white cotton bandanas aprox. 4
      feet by 3 and one half feet with carefully bound edges. They were made in
      Germany and appear to be of high quality. I am looking for assistance from
      someone well versed in the cloth arts to in some way place the Caer Galen
      emblem on them with a horse in some respect. I would like to use them as a
      Equestrian Marshals Award for service to the horse events in our Barony. I
      have not proposed the awards to the Baron or Baroness yet, as I would like
      to see if we can pull it off first. If anyone can actually help, please let
      me know. As to the design or method of application, I am wide open to
      ideas.

      Yr Obdnt Srvnt

      Abu Al Mufti

      WHEN PEOPLE GATHER AND REMEMBER ALLAH,
      THE ANGELS SURROUND THEM AND BLESSINGS
      ENCOMPASS THEM. PEACE DESCENDS ON THEM
      AND ALLAH MENTIONS THEM TO THOSE NEAR HIM.
      The Prophet Muhammad, Al Hadis 3:722
    • Diana
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        I think either a dye method or embrodery would be your best bet for marking them.  I do not know either well enough to offer my services other then as a willing set of hands to learn and work on them with you.  I know some gentels within our barony have prgramable sewing machines that do embrodery and can have new patterns "taught" to them.
        my 2 cents
        -DotT

        Carol Hiesterman <DCRIDERSGROUP@...> wrote:
[...]

        -"Only those on journeys can see the dim roads that lead home"-

      • diana vann
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2006

            Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:51:20 -0700
             From: "Rachael Keish" <rachaelo@...>
          Subject: IKEqC AS41 Rules & Regs

          Unto the equestrians of the known world does Mistress Marguerite du
          Royon, (new)Inter-Kingdom Equestrian Competition Administrator, send
          warm greetings!

          Today, May 1st, is the start of the new IKEqC year.  The victor in
          last year's AS XL IKEqC competition will be announced shortly, and
          Donwenna or I will then send the final scores out to the Kingdom
          Chroniclers and KEOs for publishing in their newsletters.

          Many, many thanks to Donwenna and Sandor for all of their work with
          IKEqC over the past several years.  Their past and ongoing efforts
          have enabled all of us equestrians to compete in this annual
          tournament, regardless of which Kingdom we hail from - a truly noble
          and worthwhile endeavor!

          Attached for your use are the NEW AS XLI (41) rules and regulations in
          .pdf format.  These have also been placed on the IKEqC website in Word
          format, at:
          http://www.animalhospitalonmidway.com/scaikeqc_index.html
          I will send out and post the new year's score sheets as soon as
          possible.

          Most of the content is the same, and has been reformatted for ease of
          reference.  There are however some rules changes that you will need to
          become familiar with, including (but not limited to :-) :
          - this year's championship games are rings, reeds, and heads
          - heads scoring has been simplified (no more conversion tables)
          - reeds spacing has changed from 21'4" to just 21'
          - birjas has been added as an experimental game

          Even if you've played IKEqC for years, take a moment review the new
          rules and double check your equipment & weapons before the new tourney
          season.  Also, please cross post this missive to any SCA equestrian
          email lists I have not posted it to already.

          If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me:
          Marguerite du Royon
          (MKA Rachael Keish)
          2855 Agua Vista Drive
          San Jose, CA 95132-2102