RE: [UnserhafenEquestrian] Re: Practice this Sunday

  • Nest Gryffry
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 7:34 PM
      I think per the e-mail below, it sounds like we're a go for this Sunday's Practice , 4/29, at 9:30 a.m. (10-12 on horse), at BayBreze, right?

      That's good, because per Rossilin's communications with the incoming Crown we have been given the go ahead to run the actual Kingdom Equestrian tourney AT Crossroads Memorial Day weekend (rather than the August weekend that was being looked at).  So, we all need to practice most likely!

      I am wondering who in the group is planning on going to Crossroads, and whether you would like to do the musical freestyle ride ("Palfrey" Challenge), which was discussed last year?  If so, I am suggesting that you practice at home with your freestyle, and we can test them out at the 2nd practice on 5/13 WITH music. I have to look back on last year's information to see how long the Palfrey was going to be for each rider.  I believe I said 3 minutes or less. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in participating in.You get to pick your own music and choreograph your routine.  You can Youtube palfrey challenge, or something like that, and find examples of some done out in Oregon/Washington.

      For the "Courser" Challenge at Crossroads (the main "course" with obstacles), I am thinking on hosting it as a gambler's choice style course.  That means that the equipment will have points, and everyone will have a specific amount of time to go through the course, and you get points for completing the obstacles.  You get to pick what order you want to go in, and you therefore don't have to do everything.  The highest point total wins.

      Then we'll probably have double quintain for fun and entertainment value (we need to practice that again soon - do we want to try to set it up on this Sunday?), and some mounted archery demo type stuff.

      I believe Rossilin is going to start advertising the Kingdom Eq Tourney for real.  I just wanted to figure out what we want to practice this Sunday and give everyone a heads up.

      Do we want to do more rings/heads/spear throw, pig sticking?  Or put up the double quintain and maybe also the rings and heads - since we'll have room for all three?

      Nesta

      To: UnserhafenEquestrian@yahoogroups.com
      From: kimberone1@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:18:44 +0000
      Subject: Re: [UnserhafenEquestrian] Re: Practice this Sunday

      Good news, riders of Unser Hafen, the next two practices are April 29 and May 13 instead of 5/20.  That is two more practices till Crossroads.
      Since the tri baronial has been canceled we need to be thinking about holding our own champions.

      Cecilia