Equestrian Activites are ON for Battlemoor!

  • Monica Signer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011

      If you have been watching the news, you may be aware of a recent frightening outbreak of Equine Herpes Virus.  This virus is quite contageous, and potentially fatal to horses - so many equestrian events throughout the Western US have been cancelled in the past few weeks.

      The Equestrian Autocrats wish to make it known, however, that Equestrian Activities at Battlemoor WILL continue as planned.  Through consultations with our vets and the property owner, it has been concluded that well before the end of June conditions will be safe for the transport and mingling of horses.

      No new cases have been diagnosed in over a week, and as the incubation period for this virus is 10 days it already appears likely the spread of this outbreak has been contained.  Obviously we are not out of the woods just yet, but we expect to start seeing other events resume as soon as this weekend - so by the time Battlemoor arrives we expect to be safely out of the woods.

      Regardless, those traveling with horses are advised to stay apprised of the Colorado Department of Agriculture's website for the latest Horse Transport requlations.  http://www.colorado.gov/ag

      If anyone has questions or would like to discuss this, please feel free to contact me -- offlist is the most reliable method.

      Meanwhile - the deadline for registering to bring a horse remains June 15th - drop us a line if you are thinking about joining us!

      Wystl de Tretower
      monica @ sunponyranch .com