Re: Re- [CGWcostumers] I want to teach but I am nervous

  • msgoldrush@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2008
      Yeah, Mo...I have thought about using the acting thing...I can do that and do it nearly every day at my work...lol.  Thanks all for the support and feedback...ya'll are so cool!

      In a message dated 8/14/2008 3:07:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, maureen@... writes:

      At 9:25 PM +0000 8/14/08, Tonya Lee Clevenger wrote:

      >Hi, I really, really want to teach a class or two at CC but I am so
      >nervous about it. I think I have some good ideas for classes but it
      >just scares me ..LOL which is funny because I have been and am and
      >actress but that is so different. I mean, I am someone else when I am
      >acting LOL....Getting up in front of folks ...sheesh, I don't know how
      >the teachers do it and make it seem so easy..sigh.. .

      An actress, eh? Teaching, particularly a one-off thing, should be a snap!!

      Get your prep work done, as Toni mentioned, and
      then turn on the teacher persona. It's intense,
      but a ton of fun.

      You could also make a couple of dry runs ahead of
      time, to get the hang of it...

      Slán,

      Mo!
      --
      <http://xri.net/ =mobang>

    • ilkajonesing
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 25, 2008
        Sweetie, I realize this thread is a couple weeks old, so replying now
        is a little, uh, late, but -- GO FOR IT!

        If you have a good idea for classes, please please please submit them.
        You never know. The magic of Costume College is the variety of
        teachers and classes. I am a long-time veteran, and I would say about
        95% of the classes I have taken have been a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

        And don't worry about the nervousness. I taught for the first time at
        the Costume College before last. As I told all my classes this year, I
        was a nervous wreck. I over-rehearsed, I couldn't get the lights off
        so people could see the screen, and then some Ooks came in and tried
        to repossess the projector I had brought myself. I freaked out
        completely. I blasted through that class in 25 minutes. It was a
        pathetic disaster.

        Know what? Everyone was nice. I got lots of compliments. Remember, you
        are among friends and fellow enthusiasts. People were kind.

        And the second year I taught, I had a blast. The audience rolled along
        with me, asked great questions, were genuinely supportive and
        interested. They had great input, stuff I didn't even know myself.

        My teacher form says to send your suggestions to programcollege @
        yahoo.com (I spaced it to fool spammers). The Programming Chair is
        Jennifer Mulvey.

        I really hope you do this.

        -- Ingrid J.
      • msgoldrush@aol.com