Re: [CGWcostumers] Costume college 09, 18th C?

  • Jennifer R.
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
      I've only made a couple of stays/corsets of 18th C. style.  However, I have fabric for at least 3 projects that I intend to have finished come next College!  I can't wait to start on this time period.

      I really like, and highly recommend, the JP Ryan patterns.  ( http://www.jpryan.com/ )
      She had done a lot of research in drafting her patterns for the correct silhouette.

      The Mantua Maker and Kanik's Korner pattern lines are good as well.

      A basic jacket (caraco) and petticoat (skirt) would be a simple way to go and shouldn't scare you off too much. :-)

      As for research, any Linda Baumgarten books will work.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects evolve,
      Jennifer Rosbrugh

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
          I've made the Robe à l’Anglaise or English Nightgown  before it is a lot easier than it looks. I think I'll try that one again, this time for myself, last time was ordered by a friend who knew I could sew.

          Toni Nelson

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
            That would be neat, Toni...I can see I must do research....oh well, I love this stuff so it is fun for me!