Re: Costumers Weekend Concept

  • Fran Wasielewski
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2010

      Good Morning,

      I’m glad folks are really thinking about ways to make this happen. I’ve been staying out of the way so that, as members, you can come up with ideas. I can tell the Board there is interest and that you have been doing some planning. My goal is to create a working event that will e very different than COCO. I believe it will start small and grow into a multi-day thing. But the retreat idea, whether it happens at first in somebody’s house, church hall, or community center (we have several possible locations in the Santa Barbara area), is to keep us together sharing without the necessity of food runs to Taco Bell. I’ve done in-house catering. Linda’ idea of brown bagging at first is a great starting point. We could provide elevenses of coffee & tea with pastries and maybe Tea for a reasonable amount.

      Keep the ideas coming. The event in January has been up and running for 28 years and had 85 people attending. If we can interest 10-25, I will do a happy dance. I appreciate all your thoughts and have created a file with your posts. And, yes, if the project is approved, you may be called on.

      Many more thanks and Happy Valentine’s Day,

      Fran W.

    • Snuzequeen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2010
        Good energy, Fran!

        Bill and I leave for a month in Australia in two weeks from tonight, so it will be interesting to see what develops with this in 6 weeks.  All good things start slowly. . .

        Karen
      • Kathy Lear
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2010

          Hi, Karen,

          I hope you have a marvelous time, and please take pictures (if you’re into that sort of thing). If I were going I’d have to buy extra cards for my camera, or take a computer to download them to. I look forward to hearing about it. Do you have a particular itinerary, or are you on a stroll?

          Cheers,

          Kathy