Re: [CGWcostumers] Re: Artistic Reform Tea Idea

  • Beverly Azizi
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 6, 2010
      I noticed at some of the sites offered that a princess seam pattern might work well placing the closure at the back.  poem of the big pattern makers also offer some that are really close to those seen in some of the representative art too.  The nice thing it that it doesn't seem as restrictive as some of the eras in terms of reproduction.

      Beverly

      Snuzequeen@... wrote:

      I'm with Diane on waiting for 2011--it's so far into the future it could just evaporate as an idea.  The time frame works for me also. . . .I just need help with pattern suggestions. . .and as the period seems to favor flowy, drapy velvets (mentioned prominently in each of the website links I looked at), that seems a good time for it.

      What a great idea!  However, I would like to remind folks that the Lanterman House is probably out, as it has had problems with the neighbors, and is restricted to 3 or 4 events a year like this, and no more.  Walter had to work to keep the Ragtime Tea there from what I understand.  However, if people feel like caravaning to San Diego, there IS a wonderful house from the period there, and we could tour and do a picnic.  I have a van. . .just a thought.  I would prefer it local, though.

      Karen
    • Jody Regan
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 7, 2010
        There will always be something that has just happened or is coming up.  The idea of a poll is a good one.