stain removal Q

  • Linda Abrams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
      Does anyone have a good method for removing perspiration stains from
      light-colored cottons? (sleeveless, under arms...) Thanks --

      Linda
    • Jennifer R.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
        Try cheap Vodka - the stuff you won't drink.  I haven't used it in a while but have applied it to my corsets in the past.  However, I'm not sure it'll take the stains out completely.  Depends on your fabric too.

        Jennifer

        Does anyone have a good method for removing perspiration stains from
        light-colored cottons? (sleeveless, under arms...) Thanks --

        Linda

      • taggart99q
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
          Oxyclean has done me well with this. Soak it in water that is very hot and let it sit for as long as it stays warm. I make sure to swish it around so that everything gets a chance at being submerged or I sit something on top so it is under water. (a plate or large bowl...)

          It's gotten red wine out of a white shirt and sweat stains out of second hand clothes I purchased. (who knows how long they sat like that)

          -emily